What’s Blooming?

I thought I’d do a series of what is blooming in my garden weekly.

Who cares right?  Well.  I do.  Consider this my online garden journal.

Besides, you might see something you like so I’m going to go ahead and provide links to them as well.   That’s for you.  Because I care about your garden.  Unless it’s full of weeds, then I’m out.

Since the gardens are still pretty scarce you’re getting individual flowers this week.  As the season progresses, I’ll take more full garden pictures.

1) Tulip- Don Quichotte  2) Ajuga- Chocolate Chip  3) Perennial Geranium- Crainsbill  4) Grape Hyacinth  5) Daffodil- tete a tete  6) Iris  7) Pulmonaria- Raspberry Splash  8) Lilac bush

Comments

1. I am ashamed to say that my garden is bald with a few dried leaves scattered about. I do have some lovely yellow flowers spread across the lawn right now, though. Do those count?
    My recent post And High School Returns…

2. ksluiter says:

ok…now the question is…what flowering perennial likes shade?
    My recent post “like”

• TheNextMartha says:

Coral bells, hosta, astilbe, lungwort, dead nettle, maybe perennial geranium, foxglove, if it's part shade you have a lot more options.

3. megryansmom says:

You give consultations? Would you have any trumpet vine to share or know of where I could get some CHEAP or FREE? I'm still cleaning weeds yuck! But I do have a few blossoms, not nearly asovely as yours.
    My recent post Great Easter Gifts from Fannie May – SUPER Quick Chocolate Giveaway

• TheNextMartha says:

I DO give consultations. :) You can either email me a picture or just ask me questions. Free of charge even. Cause I love gardens and want everyone to have a nice one. Trumpet vine is sort of invasive. In what area are you looking to put it?

4. Your flowers are really gorgeous. I need to totally redo the tragically tiny flower beds around my house.

5. GORGEOUS! I’m in the process of preparing my garden. I had a horrendous time with weeds last year, so this year I’m getting rid of them before I plant. I want to plant some flowers but for me, spring means a new veggie garden!

• TheNextMartha says:

If you've ever seen the newspaper trick, it REALLY works. Just put newspaper down, top with dirt and plant. Places I've used newspaper have fared better than that landscape cloth stuff which I will never use again.

6. Melisa Wells says:

So pretty. I guess I really do need to get outside and take care of my weeds, er, garden. Dammit.
    My recent post I Guess My Job Is Done. (Alternate Title: I Didn’t See THAT Coming!)